Unmade is a global fashion software company driving innovation through customisation and delivering an end-to-end digital solution for on-demand production at scale. Started by Hal Watts, Kirsty Emery-Laws and Ben Alun-Jones in 2014, the company was born out of a desire to reimagine both the design and manufacturing processes within the fashion industry, so brands only make what is actually sold, resulting in minimal waste. It then officially launched as Unmade in 2015, having previously been called Knyttan.
We were nominated for the LVMH Innovation Award at VivaTech in Paris, and in 2017, we won the Best Use of Innovation at the Drapers Digital Awards in London.
Furthermore, Unmade was most recently named as one of the 100 best creatively led businesses in the UK by The Creative Industry Council, and in May 2018, it completed the Lafayette Plug and Play program as part of the renowned Plug and Play innovation accelerator. Pieces from Unmade are now a part of the permanent collections at both the The Museum of Modern Art in New York and the Victoria & Albert Museum in London.
We work with 4 out of the 25 largest groups in the fashion industry, and in addition we have clients like Farfetch, Opening Ceremony, Christopher Raeburn, Rapha, Moniker, and others, which work with us to give their customers the option to customise the products they want.
We are a team of 30 people working across Engineering, Design & Product, Sales & Marketing, Customer Success, and Operations, and are based at Somerset House, one of London's most important and exciting cultural landmarks.
What’s it like working at Unmade?
- We are doing work we care about, and we are supportive of others to do the same.
- We have fostered a culture of collaboration and we believe in exchanging information and learning from each other - no one is unapproachable, and everyone’s ideas matter.
- We believe that potential is more important than experience, and hire accordingly. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills and experience we’re looking for today - apply anyway! In fact, many of our colleagues started here with little experience and learnt on the job.
- We believe that what you build is just as important as how you build it, and that technology is just as much about people as it is about code. We are building a product where people with little to no technology experience can be involved in an element of the creative process, and are constantly thinking of ways to make it better and more seamless.
- We strive to be transparent in everything we do, and share both our successes and failures with the rest of the team. As a result, we’re comfortable that even if things don’t always go as planned, we are always doing our best.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering complex projects that require managing client requirements and internal workloads.
Integrating Unmade solution requires design and build on the client side, as well as from third party service providers, all of which needs to be taken into account when managing a project.
As Unmade is growing quickly and as we're taking more clients on, the role will also involve helping to establish the processes to manage projects.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Play a key role in managing the implementation of Unmade's technology with some of the world’s biggest brands
- Help define & establish key processes to successfully implement and deliver projects
- Work closely with all teams to scope and schedule project delivery
- Work with clients as lead point of contact to co-ordinate timelines and deliver projects, and ensure that agreed project deliverables meet the quality, timescales and budget approved
- Coordinate internal project activities with client project activities and assist with project scoping
- Provide necessary leadership, planning, communication and control activities
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Strong commercial experience in Project Manager capacity
- Experience managing digital projects
- Demonstrable track record of delivering medium to large projects impacting multiple business functions and with large budgets
- Great planning, co-ordinating and organising skills
- Great communication skills
Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company
- Experience delivering a digital project to an ecommerce client
What we will not do during your interviews with us:
- Create a very rigid interview process that doesn’t allow for the conversation to flow. We will make sure we cover everything we need to know from you, while also allowing you to ask questions and get to know us and the team better. This is as much about you interviewing us as it is about us interviewing you.
- Ask where you see yourself in 5 years. It’s not that we don’t care, but things are likely to change anyway. Maybe you’ll still be with us? :)
- Make you feel uncomfortable, especially if you don’t know the answer to a question. We will also not ask you questions whose answers we don’t know ourselves. Instead, we will aim to make our interviews collaborative and fun (not sure there’s a way to have fun during interviews, but we’re aiming for it).
- Over or undersell the role and the company. We want you to be aware of and excited about the challenges and opportunities here at Unmade.
- Keep you waiting - very few things are more stressful during an interview process than waiting to hear back. Our aim is to take no longer than one week to get back to you at every stage.
If you join Unmade:
- Salary: £40-50,000/annum + equity
- Holiday: 25 days + bank and public holidays
- Pension: 5% (3% from you and 2% from Unmade)
- Flexible working hours
- Knowledge sharing and personal development
- Conference and training budget
- Friday team lunches